In this episode, we discuss the importance of the Meisner technique for actors and how it can help them trust their instincts, stand up for themselves, and focus on other people. Our guest shares their experience using the Meisner technique to authentically portray a drug addict in an indie film and how it has helped them in their acting career. We also explore the guest’s belief in the power of storytelling to inspire change and create awareness about important issues. Tune in for an insightful conversation about the transformative power of the Meisner technique.
Marley Freygang is an actress and podcaster. Her favorite foods include protein cookies, waffles, and sushi. She was born and raised in New Mexico and currently resides in Los Angeles. Marley envisions herself playing the comic relief in a drama TV series. You can listen to her on her podcast Confessions of a Wannabe It Girl.
What you will learn on this podcast:
- The role of the Meisner technique in helping the guest trust their instincts, stand up for themselves, and focus on other people
- The importance of networking and building relationships in the entertainment industry
- The role of VIP Ignite in helping actors, models, and musicians accelerate their careers and bridge the gap between education and the real world
- The importance of building relationships in the entertainment industry and the role of networking in doing so
- The value of getting to know people on a personal level and developing long-term relationships
- The benefits of working in production, including learning about the different roles on set and building connections with people in the industry
- The importance of being authentic and genuine in networking and building relationships
- Introduction to Marley and their background in theater and dance
- How theater and dance became a outlet for the host during a difficult time growing up
- Marley’s journey from being involved in school theater and dance to studying dance and theater in college and then completing a conservatory acting program
- Marley’s struggles after graduating college, including losing direction and struggling with their identity as a dancer
- The purpose of the Confessions of a Wannabe It Girl podcast, which is to help ambitious creative women navigate the entertainment industry and find their own path to success.
- Marley’s struggles after graduating college, including feeling lost and having a panic attack in their final acting class
- Marley’s advice for aspiring creatives in the entertainment industry, including the importance of being a good person and showing up
- Marley’s passion for using modern media to change people’s thoughts and perspective
- Marley’s experience playing a drug addict in the indie film “Stillborn” and how the Meisner technique helped them portray the character authentically
- Marley’s belief in the power of storytelling to inspire change and create awareness about important issues.
About VIP Talent Connect-
Do you believe you’ve got what it takes to be an actor? Learn the basic patterns from the best in the industry with VIP Ignite. Text stage to 26786 or register for our upcoming webinar here! We are a revolutionary way for both aspiring and experienced talent to learn, get advice, and sit down face-to-face with the entertainment industry’s top leading executives, agents, managers, casting directors, producers, A&R executives, Grammy award winners, theatrical agents, top model agents, Tony winners, and both Emmy and Academy award winners. Visit our website, call us at 215-322-8200, or email us to get advice on cultivating genuine relationships with industry professionals TODAY!